Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals Charity is looking for volunteers to join its team of amazing community ambassadors.
Volunteer Community Ambassadors raise awareness of Southport and Ormskirk hospitals as well as representing the charity locally. How much time you give is entirely up to you, but every hour you give really does make a crucial difference.
Ways you can get involved.
- Championing Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals Charity in the community, using your networks and contacts to spread the word and promote and inspire fundraising.
- Attending cheque presentations and thanking our brilliant supporters face-to-face.
- Sharing your local knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities.
- Giving short, inspiring talks on the charity and work of the hospitals to a variety of community groups.
- Supporting social media campaigns by sharing content with your own network.
- Placing and collecting our coin collection tins located in cafes, restaurants, bar, shops and across our community.
What we ask of you.
- Can you commit to the Volunteer Community Ambassador role for a period of at least six months?
- Are you looking for a varied and flexible role?
- Do you have a personal connection to the hospital and would like to share your story?
- Do you enjoy speaking in public? (it’s not essential)
- Do you enjoy fundraising and meeting with like-minded people?
What we offer you.
- Meetings with hospital and charity staff as well as the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals and be part of a close support network of volunteers.
- Resources to enable you to fundraise and to give short talks / presentations on the hospitals and on the charity.
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Volunteer Manager and Charity Fundraising Manager.
- Regular updates on how your time and work is making a crucial difference.
- The opportunity to develop new skills, self-confidence, and valuable work experience.
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
Vicky Heaven, Fundraising Assistant, said: “We are always keen to hear from members of the community who would like to support the charity and raise valuable funds to help support NHS care in our local hospitals and I would love to hear from as many people as possible who would be willing to help us make a difference in the community.’’
For further details about becoming a Volunteer Community Ambassador please contact Vicky Heaven, Fundraising Assistant, on 01704 704 714 or email email@example.com