Meals and food safety
A menu is provided daily for you to choose from.
Meals are served between the following times:
- Breakfast - 07.30am to 8.00am
- Lunch - 12.00pm to 1.30pm
- Evening meal - 5.00pm to 6.30pm
We make provision for those who, for religious or other reasons, follow a special diet. Please discuss your requirements with the nurse-in-charge or ward clerk on admission.
We strongly advise against visitors bringing food into hospital for patients as it is difficult to ensure the safety of products not served by the Trust. Certain foods present a particularly high risk including:
- Food not labelled with the patient’s name and dated
- Raw meat products
- Food that requires reheating
- Food past its “best by” or “use by” date
- Refrigerated products that have not been stored appropriately
- Raw eggs
- All unpasteurised dairy products
- Any produce containing nuts or nut derivatives
Ordering your meals
You may use the bedside Hospedia terminals to order your meals. A member of staff will sign you in when you are admitted.
Orders for lunch must be made between 6.30pm and 10.30am. Orders for an evening meal may be made between 1pm and 3.30pm. If you are admitted outside these times or need help with making an order, please speak to a member of staff. To make an order:
- Select the “Order my Food” button on the main menu screen and follow the instructions
- When a selection is made, it will change to yellow
- You can deselect by touching the yellow highlighted box and then making another choice
- Once you are satisfied with your selection, place the order and press confirm
Drinking water is provided throughout the day and will be available at your bedside.
Alcohol is forbidden on hospital premises. Consumption may also interfere with your treatment.