Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can help with questions and concerns you may have.
Very often issues can be resolved straight away, so please contact PALS as soon as possible. They can:
- Direct queries to the relevant staff or departments
- Provide information about NHS services
- Listen to concerns and suggestions
- Support raising a complaint
- Help with a quick resolution to problems
Email PALS at email@example.com or telephone 01704 704703. Office hours are 09.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please leave a message at other times and on public holidays.
Compliments and complaints
We can improve things when you tell us what is right and what is wrong.
- Send us your compliments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also feedback using our Friends and Family Test surveys for adults, children and people with learning disabilities
For complaints, call 01704 704958. Office hours are 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Please leave a message at other times and on public holidays.
Alternatively, write to Patient Experience and Complaints Service, Mersey and West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Town Lane, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 6PN or email us at email@example.com.
All inquiries will be responded to as soon as possible. All formal complaints will be acknowledged within three working days in accordance with the NHS complaints regulations.
Please note that, if you want to raise a concern on behalf of someone else, we will need their consent before we investigate.
If your issue is about a GP, dentist, pharmacy and opticians please contact at NHS England or write to: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.
Merseyside Society for Deaf People’s access service have produced this video for people who are hard of hearing: